INMED Annual Scientific Meeting 2017
This years ASM will be held at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, 2 St Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2 from February 27th to March 1st 2017. This year the conference theme is:
Collective Competence for Healthcare Practitioners: Preparing for Real World Practice
Getting ahead by getting along.
INMED 2017 will be a 1½ day conference plus a full day of pre-conference workshops. The conference caters for educators of all health professionals and will be headlined by three world-class keynote presenters. Keynotes will address the important topic of collective competence and at how educators prepare learners for the real world in which patient care is always collaborative among the various health professions.
Director of Centre for Education Research and Innovation; Western University, Ontario
Emeritus Professor of Human Factors, University of Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Professor of Pharmacy Education, University College London, London, UK
The conference will offer full-day and half-day preconference workshops (February 27th) on topics such as:
- Communication skills education (itEach)
- In situ simulation
- Making the most of clinical teaching opportunities without reducing the efficiency and effectiveness of patient care
- What is best practice in inter-professional learning?
- Assessing undergraduate and postgraduate learners in the workplace.
- Skills development workshops for early career and experienced health professions education scholars and researchers.
- How to use social media to enhance undergraduate and postgraduate learning
The conference will also feature:
- Educational networking through “Talking tables”; a working lunch like no other
- Representing and depicting the conference through cartoons / graffiti
- A student led session – always very thought provoking and stimulating.
- Rapid infusion workshops (90 minutes) to develop teaching and research skills
- An educational ideas swap shop
- E-Poster presentations
- Parallel Oral presentations of health professions educational research
This is Ireland’s number one health professions education conference. If you teach and you want to get better at what you do, book now to come to INMED 2017 February 27th to March 1st at the RCSI.
Submission of abstracts are now welcome here. Please note that submission of abstracts will close at midnight on Wednesday, 4th January 2017