The Irish Network of Healthcare Educators (INHED), aims to provide a forum for collaboration between centres of health professional education and to promote health professional education research. We would like to invite applications for 2 Health Professions Education Research Grants. This grant is open to healthcare educators of all disciplines and also to undergraduate students. The maximum award per individual or project under the scheme will be €3,000 or equivalent (bids for smaller amounts of funding will of course be considered). As the purpose of these research grants is to support research and educational development projects in healthcare education, only grants that meet the following criteria will be accepted:
Criteria for INHED Health Professions Education Research Grant 2023:
- The application should relate to a planned health profession educational research study, and may be used to fund an educational development project which is designed to support curricular innovation.
- Collaborative research within or among institutions are eligible, particularly as they increase the likelihood of the project’s success and impact.
- The study must be feasible within a 12-month period
- Successful applicants will be required to present their progress at an oral presentation during the INHED Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) 2024 and the final outcomes of their research project as an oral presentation during the INHED ASM 2025 (Please note that registration, travel and accommodation for the ASM are NOT covered by this award).
- The funding is to pay for costs that otherwise prevent good research happening such as research-related travel, transcription costs, printing of survey materials, paying for statistical advice, support from a research assistant etc. The research funding cannot be used towards continuing education courses/fees e.g. PGDip, MSc/PhD fees.
- The research grant scheme cannot be used to support attendance at conferences.
Sept 16th 2022: Grant call opens
October 24th 2022: Deadline for submission of applications (5pm)
February 2023: Announcement of awards at INHED 2023 ASM
February 2024: Interim project oral presentation at INHED 2024 ASM Save
February 2025: Final project oral presentation at INHED 2025 ASM (to include information about outputs from project)
July 2025: Submission of final report with updates to INHED re outputs from funded work