The Irish Network of Healthcare Educators (INHED), aims to provide a forum for collaboration between centres of health professional education and to promote health professional education research. We would like to invite applications for 2 Health Professions Education Research Grants. This grant is open to healthcare educators of all disciplines and also to undergraduate students. The maximum award per individual or project under the scheme will be €3,000 or equivalent (bids for smaller amounts of funding will of course be considered). As the purpose of these research grants is to support research and educational development projects in healthcare education, only grants that meet the following criteria will be accepted:
Criteria for INHED Health Professions Education Research Grant 2021-2022:
- The application should relate to a planned health profession educational research study, and may be used to fund an educational development project which is designed to support curricular innovation.
- Collaborative research within or among institutions are eligible, particularly as they increase the likelihood of the project’s success and impact.
- The study must be feasible within a 12-month period
- Successful applicants will be required to present their progress as an oral presentation during the INHED ASM 2022 and the final outcomes of their research project as an oral presentation during the INHED ASM 2023 (Please note that registration, travel and accommodation for the ASM are NOT covered by this award).
- The funding is to pay for costs that otherwise prevent good research happening such as research-related travel, transcription costs, printing of survey materials, paying for statistical advice, support from a research assistant etc. The research funding cannot be used towards continuing education courses/fees e.g. PGDip, MSc/PhD fees.
- The research grant scheme cannot be used to support attendance at conferences.
|July 31st 2020||Grant Call opens|
|September 25th 2020||Deadline for submission of applications (5pm)|
|February 2021||Announcement of awards at ASM|
|August 1st 2021||Submission of first paper-based progress report|
|February 2022||Progress project presentation at INHED 2022 ASM|
|July 2022||Submission of final report with updates to INHED re outputs from funded work|
|February 2023||Final Project presentation at INHED 2023 ASM (to include information about outputs from project)|
- Applications should be submitted using the INHED Health Professions Education Research Grant application form downloadable on this page. Applications should clearly indicate: the lead applicant and their e-mail and mobile phone number details. The names and affiliations of all applicants should be included.
- Applications should follow the application template.
Applicants should submit their applications by 5pm GMT Friday 25th September, 2020. Enquiries and Applications should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org The application will be reviewed by a panel of assessors. Conflict of interest rules will be applied rigorously. Peer reviewers will not provide comments or scores on any application on which they have a conflict of interest.
All applicants will be informed of the outcome by end of January 2021. The outcome of the Health Professions Education Research Grants will be announced at the INHED2021 ASM in February 2021.
Please refer to Application Guidelines for help in completion of application form.
Due to many conferences moving to a virtual platform, INHED will not be funding a travel grant in 2021. Instead, we are delighted to offer a more substantial Health Professions Education Research Grant.