INHED 2021 Annual Scientific Meeting
Never waste a good crisis: what have we learned about classroom and clinical education from a global pandemic?
University College Dublin
10th – 12th March 2021
INHED is delighted to announce that the INHED ASM will be hosted by the UCD College of Health and Agricultural Sciences at University College Dublin as a virtual conference on March 10th, 11th and 12th 2021.
The conference theme is “Never waste a good crisis: what have we learned about classroom and clinical education from a global pandemic?”
In keeping with all conferences these days, the INHED conference will be virtual. The conference will differ from the usual format 1.5 day format in the following ways:
- INHED 2021 will be scheduled from 2 PM to 6 PM each day of the conference. We are scheduling afternoons to facilitate to North American keynote speakers, but it should also allow delegates to get the day’s work done in the morning and attend the conference in the afternoon!
- Given the virtual nature of keynote presentations, we have been able to secure three world-class keynote speakers for this conference:
- COVID 19 and the associated physical distancing restrictions have led to a huge upsurge in educational innovation and creativity. This year, INHED wants to celebrate the work of educational developers by devoting two of the three conference days to presentations and workshops that describe innovations in educational design and delivery.
- “There’s one for everyone in the audience”. INHED is all about collaboration. In that spirit, this year INHED will ask each presenter to create a take-home “lucky bag” for the conference delegates to take home. The lucky bag might include reusable educational tools, detailed descriptions of successful workshops, guides on how to create educational videos, annotated bibliographies and reading lists et cetera.
- Our conference highlight of the student led session will again take place with the theme to be confirmed shortly.
The conference fee this year is much reduced from the usual €200 to €60. The fees are used to fund our research and travel grants as well as facilitate the administration of INHED.
Abstracts are no longer being accepted for INHED 2021
Detail to follow shortly