INHED 2021 Annual Scientific Meeting
Never waste a good crisis: what have we learned about classroom and clinical education from a global pandemic?
University College Dublin
10th – 12th March 2021
INHED is delighted to announce that the INHED ASM will be hosted by the UCD College of Health and Agricultural Sciences at University College Dublin as a virtual conference on March 10th, 11th and 12th 2021.
The conference theme is “Never waste a good crisis: what have we learned about classroom and clinical education from a global pandemic?”
In keeping with all conferences these days, the INHED conference will be virtual. The conference will differ from the usual format 1.5 day format in the following ways:
- The conference will be scheduled over 3 consecutive mornings, leaving time to do other things with your day and avoid Zoom exhaustion.
- Whilst we will be encouraging live presentation, all participants will be asked to create pre-presentation videos in case we have screen sharing issues. This means that there will be a large collection of keynote, masterclass, symposium, workshop and parallel presentations available immediately after the conference. Thus, all of the conference content will be available for up to a year after the event to everyone who registers.
- We will be including new virtual ways of meeting and networking built into the conference design during breaks between sessions and post conference lunch parties on each of the three days!
Registration for the conference will open in the week commencing November 23.
The call for abstracts is now open. Abstract submissions should be made under one of the following categories:
- Educational research (eight minutes presentation/4 minutes questions)
– abstract 300 words including rationale, methods, findings and conclusions
- Educational development (three minutes presentation/2 minutes questions)
– abstract 300 words including rationale, methods, evaluation
- Researcher and/or faculty development workshop (1 hour and 2 hour options)
– abstract 300 words including learning objectives and proposed workshop design.
- Research and/or educational design masterclasses (two hours)
– Abstract 300 words including learning objectives and proposed masterclass design.
All abstract submissions should be submitted via the INHED submission form on or before Friday, December 11th 2020 at 5 PM. Decisions regarding abstract acceptance will be communicated in the week commencing January 25th 2021.
Detail to follow shortly