INHED2023 Annual Scientific Meeting
“Body and Mind in Health Professions Education”
Queen’s University Belfast
March 29-30, 2023
INHED 2023 will be our first face to face ASM in 3 years. This year the conference is hosted jointly by the health professions schools at Queen’s University Belfast.
Conference sub themes
- Reconceptualising notions of body in health professions education
- Thinking outside the curricular box; what can we learn from the arts?
- Is neurodiversity an equality, diversity and inclusion issue?
Dr Martina Kelly, School of Medicine, University of Calgary. [Experiencing the body in healthcare education]
Dr Paul Murphy, Brian Friel Centre for Theatre Research, Queen’s University Belfast. [How can insights from drama contribute to developing health professionals?]
Dr Blanaid Gavin Director of the Neurodiversity Project at UCD [There’s a lot of it about: neurodiversity in the health professions]
INHED is pleased to announce that selected proceedings from the INHED conference will be published in the journal The Clinical Teacher. This means that if you win a prize or are highly rated for your research or education innovation presentation and or your workshop is highly evaluated you may be invited to submit an abstract to TCT which counts as a publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
The call for abstracts is now open using the link on this page. Abstract submissions should be made under one of the following categories:
- Educational research (eight minutes presentation/4 minutes of questions)
- abstract 300 words including rationale, methods, findings, and conclusions
- Educational innovation (three minutes presentation/2 minutes questions
- abstract 300 words including rationale, methods, evaluation
- Researcher and/or Teacher development workshop (1-hour and 2-hour options)
- abstract 300 words including learning objectives, duration, and workshop design.
- Education and/or research design masterclasses (2 hours).
- abstract 300 words including learning objectives and proposed masterclass design.
Abstract submission for this event has now closed.
This year the IDEA 2023 Annual Conference precedes the INHED conference and will take place on March 28th, 2023.
IDEA is an annual meeting for doctoral researchers in Health Professions Education. This year, IDEA will take place the day before the INHED Annual Conference, (on March 28th) so that participants may attend both events in one visit to Belfast.
IDEA is open to all doctoral students in HPE in Ireland (or those with research ideas considering a doctorate), their supervisors, and other interested faculty members/HPE researchers. Registered students will have the chance to give a problem-focused presentation and, through discussion with other students and leading established researchers, get advice on their ongoing work.
There is no registration fee for IDEA. Thus, you can sign up for IDEA when registering for the INHED Conference at no additional cost. When registering, please indicate whether you are a doctoral candidate student or a teacher/supervisor. Given the evolving and fluid nature of doctoral work, we will look for brief abstracts of presentations closer to the event itself.
Follow conference updates on Twitter @INHED_ireland #inhed2023